WEN 3420T 8 in. x 12 in. Variable Speed Benchtop Wood Lathe
Remember when you could turn your own pens? Fill your house with as many pens as you can with the WEN 8-Inch by 12-Inch Variable Speed Midi Wood Lathe. Adjust the variable speed anywhere from 750 to 3200 rotations per minute. The WEN 8-Inch by 12-Inch Variable Speed Benchtop Wood Lathe features an MT1 spindle and tailstock taper to tightly grip workpieces, two tool rests (4-1/2 inch and 7 inch) to provide needed support for chisels and tools during operation, and a 2A motor to keep things turning. The easy-to-use lever clamping system makes adjustments to both the tool rest and the tailstock simple and precise. The WEN Wood Lathe also includes a flat wrench, a headstock spur center, a tailstock cup center, a knockout rod and a 5-inch faceplate for non-spindle workpieces. And, because its a WEN product, your lathe comes backed by a two-year warranty, a nationwide network of skilled service technicians and a friendly customer help line. Remember when you could turn pens, chess pieces and more? Remember WEN.
- Perfect for pens, chess pieces, and other small workpieces
- Soft start variable speed motor adjusts anywhere from 750 to 3200 RPM
- Includes a 5-inch face plate for turning non-spindle workpieces
- Fits workpieces up to 12 inches long and 8 inches wide
- Features a 2-amp motor, an MT1 spindle and tailstock taper, and two interchangeable tool rests
NOVA 46300 Comet II Variable Speed Mini Lathe 12-Inch x 16 1/2-Inch
NOVA 46300 Comet II 12 Inch x 16 1/2-Inch Variable Speed Midi Lathe is the most versatile & innovative smaller lathe on the market today. Portable and space saving, yet delivers the capacity and rugged stability of larger machines. Small, space saving design means the NOVA Comet II Midi is a great choice for a multitude of projects. Its at home as the primary or secondary lathe in a multi-functional workshop, or great for those who travel a lot for their hobby or who teach/demonstrate frequently. Its powerful 3/4HP electronic variable speed motor offers a wide speed range from 250-4000rpm. With a super low speed, up to a super high speed, the NOVA Comet II midi lathe is the perfect choice for a variety of projects, from pens to bowls and spindles.The forward and reversing switch offers additional flexibility for a superior finish. With its 12" swing capacity over bed and 16.5" between center capacity, expandable to 41" with the optional bed extension accessory, you can turn a wide variety of projects. Improvements to previous models include: strengthened reinforced composite guard, the guard now has a rapid access latch for even faster and easier access, the on/off switch has been improved to make it faster and more positive to switch on and off and is fitted with a no-vault release for additional safety. The 3 Step Pulley System offers different speed ranges while providing maximum flexibility.The middle step usually provides enough range for most wood turning applications, however the additional two steps provide more torque when needed for the more demanding projects. The Comet II has exceptional structural strength, with its solid cast iron construction throughout delivers optimum strength and rigidity while absorbing any vibration. The result, an exceptionally smooth turning experience with less time spent in the finishing process. Finally, the motor housing has been changed to a robust die cast housing. This updated version of the NOVA Comet II Midi Lathe delivers an exceptional turning experience.By adding the optional accessories you can transform your lathe into a total wood working station. This patented world first approach to versatile Midi Lathe design delivers maximum flexibility for the lathe owner, allowing the user to consolidate key wood working and wood turning functions into the single machine, saving space, time and money. Lathe available in 1"8TPI thread. Standard equipment: 3/4HP variable speed motor, 3" faceplate, hand wheel, 6" tool rest, 2MT Drive center, 2MT Live Center, knockout bar, manual and fastenings. Designed by Teknatool International, innovating since 1955. Backed by a full replacement 1-year warranty on motor and electronics and a further 2-Year limited warranty on all parts excluding motor, electronics, consumables, for a total of 2-Years limited warranty. Call our customer service center on 727-954-3433.
- Speed range from 250 to 4000rpm - best in the market
- 12" swing over bed and 16.5" between centers
- 3 Step Pulley Systemto dial in low, medium and high speed ranges
- 3/4HP Electronic Variable Speed Motor - Improved
Delta Industrial 46-460 12-1/2-Inch Variable-Speed Midi Lathe
Featuring a ball-bearing live center, heavy-duty steel knockout bar, and onboard storage for easy access to adjustment tools, the Delta 46-460 industrial 12-1/2-inch variable-speed midi lathe handles even heavy-duty jobs with ease. Ideal for professional woodworkers, this machine gives you fast, smooth results and offers variable speed for consistency and control.
| With a 12-1/2-inch swing, the 46-460 has the largest capacity in its class. |
The extension bed increases the overall bed length to 42 inches. View larger.
Powered by a 1-horsepower max, 1,725-rpm motor, the Delta 46-460 industrial 12-1/2-inch variable-speed midi lathe provides a 12-1/2-inch swing capacity--the largest in its class. Variable speed with three pulley-speed ranges makes it easy to select the required speeds needed to turn a project without changing belt position.
Forward and Reverse Provides a Superior Finish
For accuracy and precision, forward and reverse functions allow the turner to achieve a superior finish. As woodworkers know, sanding a turned piece with the grain causes the wood fibers to lie down and remain rough while sanding a turned piece against the grain will shave the wood fibers smooth. Rotating the turned piece in both directions is the way to achieve a truly smooth finish, yet it often involves remounting the work piece backwards--a time-consuming and often impossible task. With the 46-460, this process is simplified. With a quick flip of the switch, it's done.
Patented Belt-Tensioning System for Fast Speed Changes and Longer Tool Life
A patented belt-tensioning system makes for quick speed changes, and sets the belt at the correct tension every time for maximum power transfer and longer tool life. And large objects are no problem with the six-groove belt that provides superior power for effortless turning.
Cast-Iron Construction for Durability and Strength
Durable and stable with all cast-iron construction, the 46-460 also includes a three-inch face plate, and 6-inch and 10-inch tool rests for tool support in a variety of turning applications.
The Delta 46-460 industrial 12-1/2-inch variable-speed midi lathe is backed by a five-year warranty.
What's in the Box
12-1/2-inch variable-speed midi lathe, 6-inch and 10-inch tool rests, chrome 3-inch face plate, tool rest base, knockout bar, live center, wrenches, and manual.
Variable speeds let you perform a variety tasks without changing the belt position.
- Powerful 1 hp max, 1,725 rpm motor
- Large 12-1/2-inch swing capacity provides the largest capacity in its class. Drive spindle: 1 inch -8 RH TPI thread
- Electronic variable Speed with three-pulley speed ranges provide the required speeds needed to turn a project without changing belt position
- Forward and Reversing function allows the turner to achieve a superior finish. Sanding a turned piece with the grain causes the wood fibers to lay down and remain rough.
- Patented belt tensioning system for easy and quick speed changes and sets the belt at the correct tension every time for maximum power transfer and longer tool life
Goplus 1/2HP 4 Speed 40" Power Wood Turning Lathe 14" x 40"
This lathe is a machine tool which spins a block of material (wood) to perform various operations such as cutting, sanding, knurling, drilling, or deformation with tools that are applied to the work piece to create an object which has symmetry about an axis of rotation. And with 4 adjustable speeds: 1100/1600/2300/3400RPM, you can tackle various projects with different speed, contributing to power saving and better accomplishment. Besides, the compact size makes it ideal for home wood working use, which can be perfectly set at your house to do some wood pattern projects and handiwork, such as straight fluting, grooving, drilling, layout, and more. In addition, with 40 inches distance from the center, the lathe give you enough space to do wood work while maintaining a low profile on your workbench, allowing you work with larger pieces for great handiwork. Don't hesitate to buy it.
Solid and steady steel frame for stability
Stable frame to reduce the vibration when operating the machine
Adjustable 4 speeds to fit your different needs
Compact size for great home wood working use
About 40" distance from center allowing larger working space
Accessories included to fit your various operating needs
Easy to assemble and operate according to manual
Overall Dimensions: 57.2" X 9" X 14.9"
1/2 HP 120V 60Hz Single Phase 2.9 Amps
Voltage and frequency: 120V 60Hz
Sewing over bed: About 14"
Distance between center: About 40"
Spindle speeds: 1100,1600, 2300, 3400 RPM
Net weight: 50 lbs
Net weight: 50 lbs
1 x Wood turning lathe
1 x Manual
- Solid and Steady FrameMade of solid steel, the frame is steady and strong enough to make your machine stable, which can hold your wood projects. And the stable frame can help to reduce the vibration when operating the machine.
- 4 Speeds AdjustableDesigned with adjustable 4 speeds: 1100/1600/2300/3400RPM, you can tackle various projects with different needs, contributing to power saving and better accomplishment. And the 1/2 HP setting is powerful.
- Perfect for Home UseOverall Dimensions of 57.2" X 9" X 14.9" and complete accessories, the lathe is compact, allowing fit in tight space, which can be perfectly set at your house to do some wood pattern projects and handiwork, such as straight fluting, grooving, drilling, layout, and more.
- With Great Working SpaceWith 40 inches distance between the center, the lathe give you enough space to do wood work while maintaining a low profile on your workbench, allowing you work with larger pieces for great handiwork.
- Accessory Options for VersatilityWith several accessories available to customize the lathe, you can tailor it to fit your different needs. With the versatile wood turning lathe, you can improve the accuracy of your craft.
PSI Woodworking LCHSS8 HSS Wood Lathe Chisel Set, 8-Piece
We have assembled this 8-piece set to satisfy the majority of your turning needs. It is suitable for turners of all skill levels. It is the ideal kit for turning small pens, spindles, bowls and larger projects. The M2 High Speed Steel 5-1/4-Inch blades outlast high carbon steel 6-to-1 and will give you years of use. The set includes 8 essential chisels: 3/16-Inch Parting Tool, 5/8-Inch Spear Scraper, 1-Inch Skew Chisel, 5/8-Inch Skew Chisel, 5/8-Inch Round nose scraper, 1/2-Inch Bowl Gouge, 3/4-Inch Spindle Gouge, 7/8-Inch Roughing Gouge. It also comes with beautifully turned 10-3/4-Inch hardwood handles in an attractive wood display box
- Ideal kit for turning small pens, spindles, bowls and larger projects
- The M2 High Speed Steel 5-1/4-Inch blades outlast high carbon steel 6-to-1 and will give you years of use
- Set includes 8 essential chisels: 3/16-Inch parting tool, 5/8-Inch spear scraper, 1-Inch skew chisel, 5/8-Inch skew chisel, 5/8-Inch round nose scraper, 1/2-Inch bowl gouge, 3/4-Inch spindle gouge, 7/8-Inch roughing gouge
- Comes with beautifully turned 10-3/4-Inch hardwood handles in an attractive wood display box
- Super value for all turners
Grizzly G0462 Wood Lathe with Digital Readout
This incredible machine can swing 16" over the bed, comes with a 2 HP motor and sports a spindle tachometer with a digital readout. Changing speeds is easy with the shift-on-the-fly handle so there are no belts to mess with. Outboard turning is a snap too, just loosen the headstock and swivel it up to 360 for unmatched flexibility. Solid cast-iron construction throughout ensures smooth operation. If you want to add more mass, the legs feature shelf supports for your own custom-built shelf. Truly, a deluxe turning machine at a very competitive price! Features: Motor: 2 HP, 110V, single-phase Swing over bed: 16" Distance between centers: 46" Heavy-duty, precision-ground cast-iron bed and legs ensures stability and minimize vibration 1" x 8 TPI RH headstock spindle Spindle tachometer with digital readout MT #2 spindle & tailstock tapers Spindle bore: 3/8" Outboard turning is easy with the included tool rest extension 10 speeds: 600 - 2400 RPM Quick lock/release levers for tailstock and headstock Includes 6" faceplate, cup live center and spur center 0, 60, 90, 120, and 180 headstock rotation Overall dimension: 72-1/2"L x 19"W x 48"H Approximate shipping weight: 354 lbs.
- 1-Inch x 8 TPI RH headstock spindle
- 10 speeds: 600 - 2400 RPM
- Distance between centers: 43-Inch
- Heavy-duty precision ground cast iron bed and cast iron legs ensures stability and minimal vibration
- MT -2 spindle and tailstock tapers
Jet JWL-1015 Wood Working Lathe
The new JET 1015 is an ideal choice for the novice woodturner looking for an affordable, user-friendly first lathe, as well as the advanced enthusiast or professional who wants to add a full-featured mini-lathe to the shop. This sturdy, smooth-running 15" mini-lathe has the power, precision and versatility to turn out any number of projects. When you're ready to make your ideas a reality... Start Here.
- 15-1/2" between centers
- Six spindle speeds: 500, 840, 1240, 1800, 2630 and 3975
- Integrated 24 position indexing
- Improved tensioning system with easier access to belts
- Wider bed ways provide increased rigidity
SHOP FOX W1704 1/3-Horsepower Benchtop Lathe
1/3 Horsepower bench top lathe with variable speed motor
- Motor: 1/3 HP, 2 Amp, 110V, Single-phase, 60 Hz
- 12-inch distance between centers
- 8-inch swing over bed
- Cast iron construction and infinitely variable speed control
- Includes two tool rests
JET JWL-1221VS 12-Inch by 21-Inch Variable Speed Wood Lathe
The JET 1221VS is different from anything we've made before. In truth, its different from anything that anybody has ever made before. The design is better. The features are better. The entire turning experience is better. And it all focuses on one concept Control.
- Unrivaled speed control
- 60-3600 RPM variable speed
- Optimally designed speed ranges
- Forward to reverse is a smooth transition
- Innovative ratchet style belt tension system (patent pending)
Savannah 7173 HSS Lathe Chisel Set 8 Piece Set For Wood Turning. Hardwood Handles, High Speed Steel, Brass Ferrules, and Wooden Case For Storage
This is one of the most complete and most used turning tool sets you will find. Each tool blade is made from M2 High Speed Steel (HSS) which outlasts standard carbon steel blades 6 to 1. Each blade is approximately 5-1/4" long and will give you years of dependable use. Each tool handle is beautifully turned hardwood that are approximately 10-3/4" long making this a perfect set for beginners or advanced turners alike. Forged from M2 high speed steel these tools are designed to help you turn most any type of project. Each tool is fitted with a ferrule and balanced for performance. The tools can be sharpened as often as needed. The set includes 8 turning tools: 1 each 3/16" Parting Tool, 1 each 5/8" Scraper, 1 each 1" Skew Chisel, 1 each 5/8" Round Nose Scraper, 1 each 1/2" Bowl Gouge, 1 each 3/4" Spindle Gouge, 1 each 5/8" Spear Scraper and 1 each 7/8" Roughing Gouge. It also comes with turned 10-3/4-Inch hardwood handles in an attractive wood display box
- This is one of the most complete and most used turning tool sets you will find. Each tool blade is made from M2 High Speed Steel (HSS) which outlasts standard carbon steel blades 6 to 1. Each blade is approximately 5-1/4" long and will give you years of dependable use. Each tool handle is beautifully turned hardwood that are approximately 10-3/4" long making this a perfect set for beginners or advanced turners alike.
- The set includes 8 turning tools: 1 each 3/16" Parting Tool, 1 each 5/8" Scraper, 1 each 1" Skew Chisel, 1 each 5/8" Round Nose Scraper, 1 each 1/2" Bowl Gouge, 1 each 3/4" Spindle Gouge, 1 each 5/8" Spear Scraper and 1 each 7/8" Roughing Gouge
- Each tool is fitted with a ferrule and balanced for performance while turning. The tools can be sharpened as often as needed. While the tools are essentially ready to use out of the box, it is recommended that you hone or sharpen the tools to your preferred grind angle before using them for the first time.
- The Savannah 8 pc set is by far one of the most popular turning tool sets because of its value, quality and overall simplicity. Each tool has been designed with this in mind and is sure to bring you years of use.
- To help protect the tools when not in use, this set comes in a closable wooden case.
- Everyday plates
- Professional style gas range
- Anti backlash baitcast reel
- Type of fire extinguisher
- Running shoe mens